LAT, or Look At That, is a dog training method that focuses on helping dogs to overcome their fears and anxieties. The LAT method was created by dog trainer Emma Parsons. And it has been proven to be an effective way to train dogs of all ages and breeds.
Benefits of Look at That dog training
The LAT method is based on the premise that dogs are more likely to overcome their fears if they are exposed to them in a safe and controlled environment. It is a positive reinforcement-based training method, which means that dogs are rewarded for good behavior, rather than punished for bad behavior. The LAT method is an excellent choice for dog owners who want to train their dogs in a positive and effective way.
There are many case studies that have been conducted on the LAT method of dog training, and the results have been overwhelmingly positive.
One study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania found that dogs who were trained using the LAT method. They were more likely to overcome their fears than dogs who were not trained using the LAT method.
Another study conducted by the American Kennel Club found that dogs who were trained using the LAT method were more likely to be obedient and responsive to their owners. The results of these studies show that the LAT method is an effective way to train dogs of all ages and breeds..
If you are interested in using the LAT method to train your dog. There are a few things that you should keep in mind. First, it is important to make sure that you provide your dog with plenty of opportunities to socialize with other dogs. This will help your dog to overcome his or her fears and anxieties. Second, it is important to make sure that you are consistent with the commands that you give your dog. This will help your dog to understand what you expect from him or her. Finally, it is important to make sure that you are patient with your dog. This will help your dog to learn at his or her own pace
LAT dog training application:
There is no one specific way to perform look at that dog training. As the method can vary depending on the trainer and the dog. However, there are some basic tips that can help you get started. First, it is important to choose a command that you will use consistently such as “look” or “watch.”. Once you have chosen a command, you will need to say it in a clear, concise way and make sure that your dog is looking at you when you say it. You can then provide a treat or toy as a reward for your dog following your command.
- Choose a cue word or phrase that you will use to get your dog’s attention, such as “look,” “watch,” or “focus.”
- Place your dog in a sit or down position, then say your cue word or phrase.
- When your dog looks at you, immediately give him a treat.
- Repeat this process several times until your dog is responding consistently.
- Once your dog is responding consistently, you can begin to add distractions.
- Start with simple distractions, such as another person walking by or a noise outside.
- If your dog looks at you when you say your cue word or phrase, immediately give him a treat.
- If your dog does not look at you, do not give him a treat.
- Repeat this process until your dog is responding consistently to distractions.
- Once your dog is responding consistently to distractions, you can begin to add more difficult distractions.
Look at that dog training can be used for a variety of purposes. Including obedience training, behavior modification, and training your dog to be a good companion. With a little patience and practice, you can use this method to teach your dog new skills. And help him or her become a well-behaved member of the family.